View Single Post
Old 06-25-2005, 01:36 AM

Default Re: How to play against people you know are drawing

That is the exact kind of unconstructive criticism i'd like to avoid MoDOH. Its not hard to put a man on AQ when he bets 50$ every time he is holding top pair. Call it poker instict, if you're so awesome you should be able to pick up on these things some times too. Anyways let me make myself clear. I am the one arguing to my friends that i am always happy to have my money in the middle as a favorite, even if 2-1 isn't *huge* favorite or even in the case of the 6's 60-40 isn't what i call very favorable. However i have had a good instinct about knowing someone is behind and knowing when they will call, etc. My friends argue that you almost dont want them to call, which is statistically incorrect but still understandable. The true nature of the question is wether or not i am trapped into playing it only one way. And after a few days of thinking about it im beginning to think that the only thing i am a victim of is not having more chips in front of me so that i can afford to make them pay more. And while you'd think maybe there was something wrong with my game, and im not arguing that there isnt, because there is always room for improvement in everyone. I can literally write out the other 12 scenarios where i put 200$+ on the line and lost as a favorite in this last 3 weeks. 15 200$ all ins add up... they add up to what ive said ive lost. And i will admit, i made a 450$ mistake recently with AA didn't need to happen. So yes i wasn't mistake free this week.