View Single Post
Old 12-21-2005, 06:30 PM

Default Re: Low limit studplayers: is the best play in poker costing you $$

[ QUOTE ]
I respect your opinion but find this to be some of the worst advice you could give. The low limit games with numerous multi-way pots are crap shoot, pot luck lotto poker. It comes down to who's running good that day. The suckouts never end. The winner is the guy who hits the biggest pots. Understanding that means the drawing hands have good shots at big pots and the big pairs will get runned down repeatedly.

Part of your solution to beating these games is to stay in the hand with little and call with practically nothing. I think all the fools who believe poker is all luck and chase to the end with every one of their hands would see the sense in it and agree.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think a lot of what the OP is saying is true to the extent that you know your opponents. There are certain ones you have to respect and others where you almost know they are full of it. When you are in a grey area with an unknown player at a low limit, I find that calling is often correct even when you think you are beat. There are some real donkeys out there.