View Single Post
Old 06-22-2003, 03:07 PM

Default Re: anyone recommend a good stat /probability program?

Todd,

It is solid and 100% accurate, I should know because I wrote the software and checked the stats against Steve Brecher's excellent (and free) Hold'em Showdown Software. The Pokalyzer is not a simulation, it deals all available flops from the remaining cards so the odds are always accurate. For example, if two players are heads up, the number of possible flops is (48x47x46x45x44)/(5x4x3x2x1) = 1,712,304. The Pokalyzer deals all these flops, evaluates the players' hands for each one and tabulates the results. Because of this, The Pokalyzer also gives you details for each player: how many flushes made, trips, quads etc.

The heads-up stats which show the odds between any two hards pre-flop are also bang on as I set the machine to deal the 700 billion (!) hands required to build this data and then checked many of them manually and against Hold'em Showdown.

What the Pokalyzer does not do is attempt to tell you how to play the game, read opponents, bluff, bully, steal or how to play againsts rocks, maniacs and loonies. Anyone seeking such advise, please look elsewhere. Anyone seeking accurate stats, the Pokalyzer might be for you.

Regards
FastCards