View Single Post
Old 02-24-2003, 07:40 PM

Default Re: British Man Denied Parole, Ruled \"A Threat to Burglars\"

MMMMMM you and the article you provide a totally distorted version of what happened. Martin shot a 16 year-old burglar as he was trying to escape through a window. The burglar posed no threat at all, and Martin's actions cannot be characterised as "self-defence." The article says he didn't intend to hit them; the trial jury didn't seem to think so, after studying ballistic evidence. If you fire a warning shot you fire it in the air, and not three times. He also shot the burglar's accomplice, who was also fleeing. He then left the burglar to bleed to death in his garden before calling an ambulance. That in itself is a very serious crime. Not displaying remorse for a crime is reasonable grounds for denial of parole. The idea that Martin is a "threat to burglars" has nothing to do with it.

It's worth noting thatnot only were both burglars in this case gypsies, but that neighbours testified to the effect that Martin had stated that all gypies should be put in a field and shot, and had praised Hitler's treatment of them. I think you should look for a new hero.

I don't know how accurate the information about the Met is. Certainly, where Martin lived was a long way from their jurisdiction. THere was recently an article in the British press about how Virginia police would no longer respond to domestic violence calls. London isn't the only city with a crime problem.

I don't see how Fred Barra's famly history is relevant (maybe the author has the same opinion f gpsies as Martin did), but one thing;s worth noting; none of the relatives he mentioned killed anyone.