View Single Post
Old 12-28-2005, 02:25 AM

Default Re: Any high stakes guys lurk in here?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
paraphrasing a quote from Fortune's Formula by Poundstone, (the book is on order but i read this in B/P forum) there is nothing more clear to bankroll management than watching your bank roll disappear when you are making positive expectation bets.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't follow. In particular I don't understand how you're using "clear" in this paraphrase.

[/ QUOTE ]

the tone of this thread reminds me of how important it is to preserve one's bankroll. the use of "clear" in the paraphrase is meant to indicate how obvious, important, "this is an good example" of bankroll management.

imagine being a winning player for a couple of years, following the guide lines for mimimum bankroll required(which i have always thought to be too low) and then having a two month long downswing.

the long run is longer than most players realize. the paraphrased quote hit me in the head. i live off my BR keeping the recommended minimum BR in play. after two months of poor results, i find myself BR broke. yes, i can rebuy.

being a 6:5 favorite and getting the worst of it for an extended period of time is a wake up call. BAM. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]