View Single Post
Old 03-02-2005, 01:50 PM

Default Re: Utterly confused with KK

[ QUOTE ]
Although the example is a bit different because it is A high and opponents may be more apt to hang onto any A and in this hand there is a caller inbetween, I still believe it fits pretty well into the example on page 280, #15 in SSHE where you have a pair of queens and a K falls. Ed says that he may slightly consider folding without the backdoor flush, but in this senario the pot is even slightly bigger and I have good position. He would suggest folding especially against a straightfoward opponent but this is not one. What it says in the book:
"Raise, it is a little unatural to bet a king [in this case an A] into a from the big blind [UTG] into four players, including a preflop raiser. Most players would check: Passive players might check and call for fear you have ace-king, and aggressive players might check, planning to check-raise."
I thought if there was ever a time for that play it was here, aside from missing the backdoor flush, this is a very very similar situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

The difference is that most people will play Axo and many less play Kxo. Because so many people will play "any Ace will do" you are much more likely to be beat here.

However after deciding to continue I think your play was ok. I might have also raised where you suggested. Probably a big looser though. Im assuming the results were bad?

Greg