View Single Post
Old 11-16-2004, 06:31 PM

Default Re: $5 SnG Hand History

It was interesting looking at someone else's game for a change.

I make no pretense of expertise--I've played online for about 10 months, with mixed success. However, I can definitely say I play differently for you.

I would have called on that QJ in hand 2 (you folded) but I would also have called on that KQ in hand 3 (you raised). In the first instance I would try to play the QJ cheaply, and I guess in the second I would play the KQ the same way--most would call me overly passive but...

In subsequent hands, you were a bit too aggressive for my tastees, especially early on--on hand 23 for example, you went all in right away, throwing away any chance to milk your good cards for a few chips. The same for hand 41, and I think it was on hand 49 that you put all your chips at risk too early on an Ax--I have no idea why plaboy 34 called you with 77.

Again, on hand 50, I thought it was a bit early to get cocky with an Ax--it worked for you on 53, but not on 54.

Remember, the idea isn't to grab a lot of chips on any one hand, just to make it to the last one!

I have no idea why you went all in on 58 with a low pair, though it worked--but on 59 you paid the price for doing the same with 10s.

There is a time and place for aggression in small stakes tournaments, but overall I think it works out better if you can get your good cards to pay off a little rather than chasing everyone out of the hand. You are not playing against very knowledgeable players for the most part--maybe one or two of your opponents will think about it as much as we do--and you can probably extend that to the early rounds of multi table tournaments. Overall, you did pretty well with the cards you were dealt, but I would tone down the aggression and loosen up your requirements for an opening hand once in a while.

Good luck--except if you happen to run into me!