View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 08:52 PM

Default Re: Weak-tight or well-done? TPTK, NL200

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

From the OP's read this is most likely a flopped middle or bottom set. From a more donk'ish player and the mini-raise does kind of smell of a donk, this could be AK or KQ too.

Without a solid read on the villian this is a reasonable fold. There will be better places to get your money. TPTK is not the most profitable of hands the higher you go up in limits.

Edit: Strike the mini raise part, it was a bit more than a mini.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the villian is truely a TAG player, would he call the pre-flop raise against one opponent with 88 or 33? I think you win or split this pot more often then you lose to a set. If you are putting someone on a set with no read everytime they get aggresive, you are leaving money on the table IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

IME it is just the other way around. A TAG player is not limping AK from EP without doing it as a LRR. But they will limp 88 or 33 from EP and not RR, but cold call for set value. Classic set miner line.

I agree that there is a posibility for a split pot or TPTK vs. TPGK in this spot or even air. But without a good read on the villian I am rarely willing to go to the felt with TPTK on a uncordinated board like that, that is where this is going with that turn lead from the villian.