View Single Post
Old 10-07-2005, 11:41 PM

Default Re: To believe or not to believe - that is the quesiton.

[ QUOTE ]
See RJT, its pointless. This whole thread so far followed by a post that uses different meanings of athiest/agnostic to reach a dubious conclusion.

chez

[/ QUOTE ]

Chez,

It is indeed difficult to discuss things with one who won’t state anything specific. Kind of like Judo, in Judo the hero doesn’t actually ever attack just divert the opponent. Kid likes to do that. He seems to divert the question/discussion to: Well you guys do/say this. It is not my place to define atheists/agnostics. I used the friggin’ dictionary. That obviously was an error on my part.

I will ask this, before I get into another discussion with an A (I’ll just use the letter for now to mean whatever it is we are talking about atheist/agnostics), do you(said person) believe in the possibility of a god or that it is not at all possible. Like I would advise A’s to do when talking religion: Are you Jewish or Christian, if Christian what denomination, etc. Or better yet, to not even begin to discuss things with folk who are not interested in furthering the conversation as you are, chez. From now on I’ll just say to those not interested in serious conversation, “You are right.”

Oh,well, such is life.

RJT