View Single Post
Old 11-22-2005, 02:50 PM

Default Re: PSYCH QUEST: 60K Tilt-Free, A-Game Hands at 10/20 6-max

Great suggestions. I definitely want to focus on playing 100% of my A-Game during this 'quest' and to that end I will definitely focus on making as few mistakes as possible, playing when my mind is in its best state etc. etc. At the same time I feel stuck between a rock and a hard place with the results-orientation; I know anything can happen with variance and whatnot but I feel that by targetting a certain winrate it will force me to pay attention to my game all the time so that I can achieve it. It helps build a sense of urgency and purpose around playing my very best. Otherwise, nothing is really stopping me from just floating by and achieving a winrate lower than I know I am capable of. Telling myself "Play Good" is decent motivation but adding an achievable target is just greater incentive for me.

I want to make occasional posts over the next few weeks detailing how this is going, what obstacles I'm encountering and hopefully get a discussion going about this. 6-tabling is tough but it is definitely not as tough as it used to be (heck I used to think 3-tabling was a total ball-breaker). 8-tabling on the other hand... that's pretty tough.

And when it comes to tilt... it's just a matter of making right decisions based on the situation. That's it. I can only make those perfect decisions hundreds of times an hour when I'm in my 100% state of mind. That is the real goal of my quest... to play 60K hands in a perfect mental state. I know that if I can play 60K hands this way, the results (18BB/hour) will definitely be attainable. I was thinking about making the quest for 100K hands, but that draws it out too long I think.

But I'm really appreciating the feedback. Thanks to all.