View Single Post
Old 07-18-2005, 01:23 PM

Default Re: Calling raise with AK

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Interesting post. I hate this spot. What about calling his auto bet on the flop and leading the turn? Won't that give him the most to think about? Would he still raise there with QQ or JJ? Would he even consider that you had a set of 7's?

[/ QUOTE ]

This method doesn't win the most against QQ JJ. It makes him fold them. The best is probably call the flop, call the turn, and make a blocking bet on the river. Is he agressive enough to raise your river bet with QQ or JJ or fire a third barrel? If so then you probably just check call the river too. If he won't raise you on the river without KK or AA then you can bet/fold on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

If Im going to bet/fold to a raise on the river...why not just check/call the river?

Lets say the pot is $110 when the river comes.
1) I can lead $50 and fold to a raise
He will fold QQ/JJ and I win the same as I would if I check and he checks behind

If he has KK, he raises and I fold but dont see showdown
If he has AA, he might call, might raise. Either way, its the same as if I check/call $50 because I fold to the raise and see the showdown for $50.

It seems to me that if he'll fire twice with QQ, then check/call all the way may be OK.