View Single Post
Old 12-14-2005, 05:59 PM

Default Re: Cardplayer Cruise Trip Rport

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know who you are, but welcome [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Felicia! Sorry I didn't introduce myself...

[ QUOTE ]
I think this was hell on the dealers. Glenn was never able to get to dessert. Sometimes he didn't even finish his entree. The servers were indifferent, at best, outright rude, at worst (we changed tables almost every night, trying to find a server with even the slightest hint of a conscience).

[/ QUOTE ]

My wife and I noticed this, as well. At least the wait staff on other lines pretend to smile and pay attention to us. Or even have a clue...

We never quite got the entrees as ordered. When they did arrive, they were either overcooked or way undercooked. Some we wouldn't touch again with a ten-foot pole.

The only thing we were sure about was to get the hell out of the dining room before the maitre'd or cruise director got on the PA system to announce the singing waiters (boy howdy, did we feel sorry that they had to sing! how embarassed they must be) or some other BS. Most of the time we could dine and be done with coffee and dessert in 45 minutes or less.

If I had to recommend only one dining option on Carnival, it would have to be the Supper Club (CCL's ultra-ritzy alternative restaurant). At $30 per person, pricey. But the food and service were as nice as the luxury dining options on other cruise lines.

[ QUOTE ]
Nice to "meet" you, at any rate. Glenn has already been invited back to deal, but I think we'll stick to the HAL cruises only.

Too many complaints about Carnival for me to even list, lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't. Get. Me. Started. About. The. Rest. Of. Carnival... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] The December '06 Mexico cruise is on HAL's Oosterdam. Perhaps we'll see you then!

Take care,
Bruce I.