Thread: Pushes!
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2005, 11:48 PM

Default Re: Pushes!

[ QUOTE ]
thanks for help guys, think ill tighten up a bit when i chip leader or biggish stack, not overpush in general. What i said prob top 15 if im big stack,top 25 if im middle and top 30 if short stacked. and dont wanna be pushin more than twice in row unless i want a call. think thats any better than before?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you should be playing like that. Assuming you play at party there are many times when you have to push with worse than the 30% when your short stacked. Your plan might be the best in an ideal situation but when you have a small stack, the blinds are increasing, your in position, and everyone has folded to you, you should consider stealing while you can. Even if you dont have that great a hand. If you don't the blinds might eat you, or you wont get a good enough hand(the worse your position the better hand you need)/chance to steal(people not folding to you) again before the blind comes.

And of course if the blind gets to you after it just went up you probably just lost quite a bit of FE which is never good.