View Single Post
Old 03-31-2004, 01:34 AM

Default Re: Building a home Poker Table

Materials came out to about $165. The biggest single expense there was the card-suit cloth, which, with shipping, was $52 for two yards. I didn't have to buy legs because someone gave me a banquet table and I pulled the legs off it. I've seen comparable ones for about $40.

Now... I could kick myself over the expense of letting an upholsterer finish the rail for me. I didn't know how to keep the vinyl from gathering going around the curves, or I would have tackled it myself. Naturally, the day after I get it back I finally found some photos that would have served as perfectly adequate guidelines. Oh well. (Plus, someone has now posted some great pics in this thread). Live and learn. I paid $125 to have it done professionally (and that was just labor- I'd already bought the materials). Don't make that mistake. My $165 table almost doubled in price. Look at the photos in this thread or go to www.pcpotato.com and check out his instructions.

Even with the expense of the rail, I believe I came out way ahead, and would recommend to most folks building a table versus buying if it's at all an option. Saving that expense it seems like you could build one any way you like for no more than $200 or so.

George