View Single Post
Old 10-09-2004, 03:37 PM

Default Re: the nuts, but not THE nuts. . .

Thanks for all your comments.
Under "normal" circumstances, I probably would have lead bet the turn when the K hit completing the flush . . .BUT, with the short stack to my immediate left I was hoping that he would slide/bluff slide at the pot after the flop checked all the way around, betting for me. I agree that I easily could have reraised MP3's call on the turn for a decent amount, and he probably would have called under the circumstances (in fact, I don't always play a strong hand so cold, typically I would have small bet the flop, check/raised the turn, and lead big on the river). I thought that by having the short stack bet for me, it would be harder for MP3 to put me on a hand.

The results, for anyone interested:

River: (t615) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets t200</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to t600</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises to t1060</font>, Hero calls t460 (All-In).

Final Pot: t2735
<font color="green">Main Pot: t615 (t615), between MP3, Hero and BB.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by MP3 (t615).</font>
<font color="green">Pot 2: t2120 (t2120), between MP3 and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by MP3 (t2120).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB has 5d 6d (three of a kind, sixes).
MP3 has 9d 9h (full house, nines full of sixes).
Hero has 6h Kd (full house, sixes full of kings).
Outcome: MP3 wins t2735. </font>

he had me at hello