View Single Post
Old 12-14-2005, 12:52 AM

Default Re: The paradox of making money from opponents mistakes

Excellent post Gelford, although I think you have some math errors.

[ QUOTE ]
Now one last thing comes to mind, what if we assume, that if Hero donks then Villian would realize, that he is behind and not getting the proper odds and just lay his hand down, would Hero prefer taking the pot there or is it better to go for the checkraise (yes, we know villian to be an agressive player, that always bets on the flop, so we are totally ignoring, that Villian might check and take a free card)

[/ QUOTE ]

You hit on what got me asking these questions in the first place. Given what we know about Villina's range, would we prefer to c/r and have him stay in the pot or donk and have him fold?

Can some no limit tourny players chime in on this point? I think it comes up often in no limit where you have the option to bet out and get a guy to fold, or c/r a guy all-in and get a guy tied to the pot because he is getting the right odds to call. The c/r will win you more chips over the long haul, but you will also be eliminated from the tourny more often.

As for limit HE, over the long term we will make more money when we c/r and he stays in, eventhough he is not making a mistake (by any defintion) when he calls the c/r.