View Single Post
Old 12-30-2005, 04:53 PM

Default Re: 2/4 - 99 OOP - Something a little different

[ QUOTE ]
Bump, why don't you guys consider folding the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Mr. E,

Basically, the reason folding the flop is bad is because we simply have too much hand. The important things in this hand:

1. The pot is only four handed. Against three opponents, very often our pair is the only pair or at least the top pair when we have only one overcard on board.

2. The overcard is a T. Basically, I am less scared of overcards the lower in rank they are. I think folding would be more reasonable if the overcard were an A, a bit less so if it were a K, etc...

3. Button not raising the flop makes it considerably less likely he has an overpair.

4. UTG's bet might represent a T, but a solid postflop player might prefer to check-raise a hand like AT here. A bet here might just as well represent a hand like Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], or even something like 88. (The fact that UTG is likely to have a ton of outs against us is precisely the reason we prefer to wait until the turn to get aggressive, because an overcard or [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] turn means we can probably be done with the hand).

Those are my thoughts.