View Single Post
Old 02-06-2004, 09:52 PM

Default Re: Players\' Poll for the Freeroll Tourney.

This whole situation is rather sad.........

Getting right to the heart of the matter, the real issue here is two-fold:

#1- The software simply is not up to quality online tournamet standards. There are a number of other sites (Poker Stars, all the Prima skins, dynamitepoker for 3) that have tried & true tournament software that is essentially transparent to the player, allowing us to fully concentrate on the game. There are so many problems with the graphics @ True Poker that I find the whole experience very unpleasant and distracting. Many other posters have echoed similar feelings.

#2- The tournament structure itself is very poor. The choice of blinds and their
rapid escalation quickly turn any tournament from a contest of skill to a contest of luck.

Let me make an assumption here: I assume that the folks at True are intelligent and good businessmen.

I mean the preceding quite literally, with no backhanded slap intended, so don't read anything else into the statement.

If that's the case, it appears very clear to me that they have made some very
deliberate decisions regarding their site interface. It's an unique, highly animated site that their marketing department has clearly designed to target & attract a particular player demographic. Judging from their site attendance, it must be working to their satisfaction.

The problem that WE have is that WE DON'T FIT their player demographic! We're hard-core game players, and although we may find some of the graphics cute, if they get in the way of our play, we'd just as soon do without them. When I can't see the size of the raise that the player at the other end of the table made because the graphics don't show it clearly, it takes away from my game.

I don't want to launch into a long critique of their site; just want to point out
what I see as the reality of the problem for us.

I believe the Mr. Gzesh is a good man and he's doing his best. He simply doesn't have the tools (optimimum site software that fits OUR needs) to ameliorate the problems that we encounter at his site.

Personaly, I look forward very much to our 2+2 organized competitions. They're a
ton of fun and very challenging. I enjoy the stiff competiton. My problem is that
when they run on True Poker, all of the problems that we've encountered detract so much from my anticipated enjoyment that what should be a ton of fun turns into
an unpleasant "death march" where the software gets in the way of my play.

IMO, the only thing that will possibly correct this situation is that if the marketing & sales folks at True Poker make a decision that they want to make a serious effort to win our play.

The only way that will happen is for them to address their site interface issues.

All other discussions at this point in time are fruitless.