View Single Post
Old 11-27-2005, 02:08 PM

Default Forum Title (The Stock Market)

Just a suggestion:

I feel that the Forum Title "The Stock Market" could be changed to:
"Finance and the Stock Market" or better yet
"Finance and the Markets"

I feel this would be a little more appropriate for this forum.

There are many reasons why I feel this way. One reason being: One facet of 2+2 Forums is that most of the contributors are above average intelligence. For instance most of the poker players (who post on 2+2) admit to winning one big bet (or so) an hour. Bottom line: “Lots of good poker players post on 2+2.” This means that the average player who loses 2 big bets an hour (“or so” after the rake); does not generally post on 2+2. But when the topic switches to the markets, some of this above average intelligence probably goes down the drain – no insult or putting down intended. Many good poker players don’t have a profound understanding (whatever that is) of the markets. Over the years, we have all heard and I believe it to be true that poker is a higher level game than say “bridge and on a level with chess – although the poker and chess are “somewhat” animals of a different nature. But if the markets are considered a game; then they are a somewhat different than card games and bridge. On stock market Internet post site or blogs, it seems that many times the posters just plug or tout certain stocks – wise investors know that following the advice of these posts is a losing game in the long run for most people.

I feel that a market forum “an honest forum;” should help the average investor or saver to optimize his/her long range goals.