View Single Post
Old 03-26-2003, 11:22 AM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand
Default Re: 26 The Newbie Chronicles: The Fat Lady Sings

"You essentially say you respect anyone who has beaten poker, yet you ignore the advice those people give you. Why is that? You respect them, but somehow you know better than them?"

at least he was consistent for most of this ordeal. (meaning, not heading any good advice) which is why i quit responding after about round 2 or 3 of these 'chronicles' after seeing him toss out idea after idea. yet still thought he could achieve his 'goal' with near minimal effort during the week

i found it kinda humorous after around #4 or 5 when responders still kept trying to get through to him. even though it was obvious he thought he knew better than the people responding. afterall, hes a great chess player who wrote a book on it. what could some degenerate poker players teach him that he couldnt learn in 1/10th the time it took them?

though, ill say, it was kinda fun to keep up on the posts, (i liked the format he used). but i also noticed that some of his study time did, in fact, increase the longer he went. especially time spent reading 2+2.

that said, there were a few good discussions that came of this. so it wasnt a total loss.

but you cant become a good/great player by doing it half-assed or part time.

my advice to new players wanting to know how to make 1K a month? read all mdlm's newbie posts and do the opposite.

see ya all...

b