View Single Post
Old 03-26-2003, 09:46 AM

Default Re: 26 The Newbie Chronicles: The Fat Lady Sings

Pathetic.

I warned everyone he had no desire to really play. LOL, dude quit after never playing.

MdlM, do you stop and consider for one second that your 4th of 4 goals was neither reasonable, nor meaningful? Forming goals with no knowledge of the game is silly, and you should be smart enough to realize that. And your tournament goal was meaningless for a few reasons. 1. 85% is a stupid number, and 2. tournament play essentially has nothing to do with accomplishing your final goal of $1k/mo for 3 months. Its like saying that in order to become a master Boxer, you are going to set a goal of becoming a master Grappler on the way. All it does is waste time and detract from the main goal.

As I said before, it comes down to the fact IMO that you simply don't like risking money. Which makes poker a very poor choice of a pasttime for you.

I am surprised, however, that you are giving up so easily. Since you are an author, I would expect a little more drive from you. I also expect a lot more intelligence. You essentially say you respect anyone who has beaten poker, yet you ignore the advice those people give you. Why is that? You respect them, but somehow you know better than them?

You received plenty of valid and correct advice on how to reach your goal. In fact, you would have reached your end goal of $1k/mo for 3 months by now if you listened to those people in the first place. You have nothing to blame on your failure but your stubborness and you should be embarassed to have wasted all these good peoples' time.

The funny thing is that you could take your remaining unspend $550, open a paradise poker account, play .50-1 and still reach your goal.

But I don't think you want to reach your goal.

Sad.