View Single Post
Old 08-03-2005, 09:04 AM

Default Re: Grand Tournament Good/Bad Comments

or an even better reason for deals....accepting a deal that is +EV for you....but having the intelligence to turn down a deal that is -EV (or even EV if you like your chances against the opponent).

i'm not hyper about NEEDING deals when the pay-out is huge and not flat.
I just like them for those situations where the HUGE stack is willing to take an even 4-way split while I'm sitting on the short-stack and just trying to hang on (this actually DOES happen....it's +EV to have at least SOME CLUE regarding deals).

I've heard good things about these $1000 tourneys on Pokerroom. should check them out sometime (although I wouldn't be playing unless via a satellite entry).

I think the popularity of the big buy-in events on pokerstars for the WCOOP shows that players ARE willing to play higher.

the regular $215 buy-in events are huge.
and the monthly $530 buy-in event there is pretty big too.
and they are featuring a $2500+$100, $2.5-million guaranteed which already has 75 players registered (it runs on Sept 18)
The Sept 11 event is $1000+$50 and already has 64 registered players.

finally - very nice that you are coming directly to 2+2 and seeking feedback. it's interaction with the customers such as this that grabs my interest in a given poker-site as well.