View Single Post
Old 06-28-2005, 06:15 PM

Default Re: My mistake list this week is bad/$400 6max, please help....

Wow - looks like a tough little streak you're on right now!

Just a few comments - none of them that helpful probably.

It looks like you don't respect a min-raise enough online. Remember that it's probably +EV to fold to a lot of min-raises (especially turn min-check-raises) except against regulars who do it for good reasons (get to a cheap showdown, induce a bluff, induce a call from someone drawing dead, mixing up play, maybe they've seen you fold to min-raises... so you have to call vs. them).

Pushing JJ against a bad player is uaully bad if he'll have a coinflip or have you killed most of the time. If he'll call w/ TT-77, then it's ok.

Paying off on a read is fine - just make sure your reads are more accurate than not!

The one where you CR all-in to a flush card is a great play if you have doubts that player was drawing. Against anyone good, you have to CR there some of the time - I wouldn't consider that a mistake.

Also, you should calculate how much the mistakes are really costing you... don't forget about your equity in the pot (I'm sure you're not counting for your 4-outers, etc. that you had w/ one card to come.... not a ton of money, but it makes the results a little better [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] )

Good luck getting out of your rut...