View Single Post
Old 06-22-2005, 02:10 PM

Default Re: Best 3 hand hold em combo to win pots??

Right, I see what you're saying, but what Im trying to get across is that if you have AA, you are safe as long as no one hits a set, and even if they do hit a set, the person with the connectors is almost the same odds to win with a straight/flush against an overpair as he is against a set. And if AA hits a set, then you are basically throwing away the other 2 pairs, and have very little room to improve from a set. If someone hits a straight or a flush when you are holding your AA/KK/QQ, you are just about dead in the water, whereas a 4th of one suit gives my aces the nut flush, and my 65s or JTs may hit 2 pair against overpairs, a straight or a flush.

I guess what Im trying to say is that there are different ways to draw at hands, and using 2 suited connectors and AA kind of covers your bases no matter what flops, whereas using 3 pocket pairs gives you no straight or flush possibilities, and if the board comes low or suited, you probably are losing to 2 pair, a straight, a flush, or a set.

Having KK and QQ in addition to AA means that you are drawing to 2 outs each to be able to use the KK/QQ as sets, whereas 65s and JTs are not only worth a little more than 2 outs to beat AA preflop, but also will beat the KK/QQ 2 outter if they hit with a straight or flush