View Single Post
Old 01-12-2005, 03:46 PM

Default Re: Sports Announcer Pet Peeves

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I hate the ones who blatantly love one team and are just shameless in how they favor them on non-local broadcasts (local guys should be for the home team). I hate constant references to Bret Favre's thumb, all the trouble he plays through, and how nothing bad can ever be said about him or the way he pretty much tosses up a minimum of 4 retard pick-me-off throws every game. I'm sick of hearing about the Frozen Tundra. I can't believe that Stuart Scott still occasionally says "cool as the other side of the pillow." I can't stand people refering to any game as war or a battle or to the players as soldiers.

More than anything, I'm hating the attitude that a lot of the tv personalities are starting to get - that they're so badass and that what they did (when they played) was so hard-core. It's getting to be a pissing contest all the time with them all feeling the need to make sure everybody knows how manly they are. This tends to happen most with the football guys (NFL and college) on ESPN. Get off it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hell yeah, we need the crew from Major League to come in to provide color:

Harry Doyle: Monte, anything to add?
Monte: Uh, no.
Harry Doyle: He's not the best colorman in the league for nothing.

Harry: Take over Monte, I'm in the bag.
Monte: fly ball.......caught.

awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]
YES!

Too high! Too Far! Who gives a [censored]? It's gone.