View Single Post
Old 11-03-2004, 09:32 PM

Default Re: $500+30 SNG on Pokerstars, Opinions plx.

I may fall into the reverse Strasser trap here (Play small, talk about big) but I'll give it a shot.

Hand 1:

I like the line with the AK, the small bet keeps it small enough to not be worth stealing off you whilst also might represent a trap bet.
The call on the river is probably neccessary as you are likely to be the only unknown on the table and, combined with some chance of taking the pot you also send out the long term message that you're strong enough to compete with these guys.

Hand 2:

It looks to me like your opponent either has a monster or a poor draw.
I fire again on the river here as I think it will take it down about half of the time.

Hand 3:

I play it like you did.

Hand 4:

I don't like this, but actually specifying why is kinda difficult.
I think it's a fold preflop to be honest and also think that your best chance to win this pot if you wanted to steal it would be to call now and push on the flop. (Not for the faint of heart)

Hand 5:

Sure, why not.

You could also consider checking the turn to play it the same way that you played your initial AK, but I havent read the results to that yet, so I don't know if they saw your cards or not.

Hand 6:

Looks like a good read, impossible for anyone here to say, even those that know llayne's online play because it's an alocohol specific situation.

Hand 7:

Seems routine.

Hand 8:

You simply have to call here, the SB is often going to show you an outright bluff here from the bits of $500 bubble play I've watched.

Hand 10

Does indeed look standard.

I urge low limit players not to use the advice in this post as I've attempted to write it for the level at which it was being played.

MANY of the plays are downright wrong for the lower limits, and some may be downright wrong for the higher limits as I only have experience of watching, not playing, this limit.

Lori