View Single Post
Old 10-20-2005, 11:18 PM

Default Re: Is it really necessary to have your \"limit\"?

I play anywhere from 2/4 to 15/30 depending on my mood, the site I'm playing on, and my comfortability.

One reason for staying at a certain limit would include famiarity with your opponents. But I'm not sure that's such a HUGE incentive.
You also get a better 'feel' for the general texture of the game as it plays on most nights (10/20 6-max is more agg. than 5/10 6-max for example).

Probably the best reason for playing at one limit has to do with just general profitability. If you have the bankroll and talents for 15/30, then playing 5/10 is not as efficient a use of your time.
There is some validity to this of course.

But if you have a relative amount of comfortability at each limit then I don't see a huge reason why it is so bad to move around.

I'll play slightly higher limits in the form of 'taking shots' when my bankroll is growing a bit...and on weekends when the higher games will be more easily beatable typically.
And if I'm running bad and lacking confidence and it's a Tuesday night or something then I might step back a limit.

Last weekend I was on the 15/30 BBJ tables on Party. Ran great at first, then not-so-great at the end.
Now that the jackpot has been hit (along with my bankroll) I'm back to lower limits at whatever site I'm playing that night.

I think that all these "should I try 5/10 yet? I don't know if I'm ready? How long should I stay at 3/6 before trying it?" type posts are REALLY missing the point.
If you have the bankroll, and think you could do okay, then go ahead and give yourself some experience at the next limit if you have the inclination.