View Single Post
Old 09-25-2005, 09:18 PM

Default Re: Question from Gambling Theory & Other Topics

Hi Barron:

I just reread the article in question and this time I noticed that the paragraph citing my book and his comments are now removed (and they were there when I read them earlier). So I thank you for your effort.

What's interesting is that I have had these types of shots taken at me for years. The author is writing about a lack of ethics that he sees in many people, particularly those involved in the gambling world. I wonder if that should include someone who is willing to write something very negative about someone else based totally on memory without checking out exactly what was said or written?

It's my theory with many of these unknown authors who take these shots that if they can somehow show that we at Two Plus Two got something wrong, or are unethical in some way, that it will give them instant recognition. What they should be concentrating on is making sure that what they write is good and accurate, sort of like what you are doing for our Two Plus Two Internet Magazine. That's the best way to build a solid reputation as someone who is worth listening to. Of course, it can take a few years (or more) to achieve this. But that's the path I took, and the other Two Plus Two authors took.

Best wishes,
Mason