View Single Post
Old 11-28-2005, 12:50 PM

Default Re: 3/5NL Live: River Trips Faces Big Overbet

Well first I try and remember if I have ever seen him make any huge overbet's in the past and if so how often and on what type of boards. That's obvious of course. I try and pay attention pretty closely to odd things like overbets, so if it has happened I should have some idea of how the action went down in previous hands. Hopefully some have been shown down and I have some info to work with.

Then I'd probably be asking myself how in depth the villian is thinking. How capable is he of realizing the Q may have given me trips and hoping his bet looks like a bluff to get a big call. Is he capable of making this big bet risking a fold to get extra value if he is full? Or is he just overagrro. Does he overvalue hands at all and think a weaker Q is good here? Would he typically call or re-raise with AQ pre-flop? That's probably what I'd be going through at the table.

Then I'd check him out and see if his body language adds anything to the mix of info to determine if I call him or not. Not sure if I have enough from a post to say so or not.

Is the 20-30 hours over mulitple sessions? If so how long in the current session and what's the dynamic been like so far between you? Does he typically bet in relation to the size of the pot?