View Single Post
Old 12-26-2005, 06:38 PM

Default Re: flush draw... too aggressive?

on third, I'm not sure what I think... I realize the ante is small, and that's why I think the decision is close... for what it's worth, my a45 was about 50/50 vs. split kings (not to mention I may be able to get him to lay down his kings because of my aggression).

however, on fourth, I think I want to get as many bets in as possible for a few reasons:

1.) his likely holdings are kings, kings up, or concealed aces. if he has kings up, I'm still about a coin flip to win the pot, if he has just kings, I'm 65% or so to win the pot, if he has aces, I'm about 58% to win the pot. So, I think that a raise most certainly has value... in fact, very good value. Now besides just the value, there are some hidden benefits. 3 specific benefits in my mind

i.) deception. clearly he is not going to put me on a flush, and therefore, I will get paid off even with a three flush showing (as was the case).
ii.) it ties him to a pot he isn't a favorite to win
iii.) my aggression may buy me a free card later on (when I may not be a favorite to win the hand).

and as a side note, I may be able to scare him away if I make an open pair since he may fear I have aces up.