View Single Post
Old 12-20-2005, 05:53 PM

Default Re: My poker (loser) experience

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Some of the responses on here are horrible. What is wrong with simple respect for your father and mother?!

[/ QUOTE ]

I was'nt expecting a lot of the posters to understand my situation. Its a reflection of the difference in traditions. Only people who come from a similar background will understand. I agree with living your own life. But your family vales and traditions should mean a thing or two. I made this post to let it out and people sure are giving it to me. Please keep them coming.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your family issues and poker have nothing to do with each other and blaming poker losses on outside issues is not taking responsibility fo the problem. Stop being a victim. Take responsibility for your lack of discipline and by all means deal with your family issues, but keep them separate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe not directly, but it did affect my state of mind. I take full resposibility for the lack of discipline. All I am saying is I should have shown better judgement and not played when I was not in the right frame of mind. I should have seen it coming. And I shouldnt have played LIMIT poker. Obviously, I sucked at LIMIT poker and it killed my confidence and my NL game.

Few resolutions:
1. No more playing the limit [censored].
2. Get back to where my game was before september.
3. Learn to deal with other issues in my life in a way that it does not affect my game.
4. Show better judgement and set stop losses.