View Single Post
Old 12-20-2005, 05:31 PM

Default Re: My poker (loser) experience

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I know I can make money at poker but I need a lot of discipline.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait...within a year you went from first deposit to NL 2K? After putting in 15 hours per week!?

LOLOL.

You are not fit for this lifestyle. You may be intelligent, but you have absolutely zero discipline whatsoever. You are greedy. Looks like your parents may have been right.

Now you don't know what to do b/c you cannot fathom telling your 'rents that you lost money playing poker. And on top of that, you are bad at poker.

Tough situation. I'd say get a job in the "real world" with the rest of the dreamers. Not trying to be rude, just honest. You have no effing clue what you are doing.

Good luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

PM me If you want to see my PT stats. I agree with only one thing you said in this post. I lack discipline and money management skills.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said you lacked money management skills, but now that you mention it, yes. You do.

What will PMing me your PT stats show? That overall you are down this year? That you are a losing player? That you may or may not have went on a sick run of cards and were up 30 buy ins at the highest level? What is the point? By your admission, you've basically invested about 750 hours into poker this year (15x50). I simply think that this is not enough time/energy to devote before playing the highest stakes on your site.

You really probably have no idea if you are a "winning player". You may be a Mike Matusow type of cash game player. Great at collecting money, and even better at losing it.

I just hope (for your parents sake) that you were smart enough to put some of that 60K into savings/investments before you threw it all away.

Good luck.