View Single Post
Old 11-23-2005, 02:59 AM

Default Re: New Eurobet Review

nice review.

2 observations though:
many online sites have SNG structures which play longer than Party's 10 hands per level bit.
you think an hour is long? try the marathon 1.5 hour SNG's on UB.
July, 2004 they had a promotion where you got all your entries back in bonus-dollars up to $800/wk (play a 20+2...get $20 back in bonus-dollars).
I played an insane number of SNG's over there. A 6-max SNG on UB takes longer than a 10-player one on party.

Stars SNG's also play significantly longer than Party.

Both UB and Stars have added turbo-SNG's though within the past few months.

Also - consider that the longer structure should give the winning-play more room to maneuver. Obviously if you've only played the Party SNG's though you'll have to make some strategy adjustments.

I've always thought of the Party SNG's as being almost pseudo-turbo in some ways. But that's partly because I played Stars for several months before playing on any other site.

2. I dislike the Pokerroom software as well and had many of the same problems you did just trying to follow the action.
Just following the betting-action and where the button is and who is in the blind is kind of a pain.
I never got used to it and I cleared a couple of bonuses there (back in the day) with some long, hard multi-tabling hours where I was pretty focused.

you might do better to turn off the avatars. But that's what I always did and it was still kind of confusing to me for multi-tabling.
I even like crypto's software and lay-out better than P-Room.
But other 2+2'ers seem to like the Poker-room design for some reason.