View Single Post
Old 10-07-2005, 09:00 AM

Default Re: New Car, $50K-60K

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone else see this as a thinly veiled brag post?

If you are about to drop 50-60k on a car, I would think you would just get what you want and not listen to the reccomendations of some teenagers on the internet.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's not like a set up a poll where I'm going to buy whatever people suggest. I've never been in the market for a car over $35K, so I'm unfamiliar with a lot that's out there. For instance, I never would have heard of a Lotus Elise had I not posted this question. A "brag" post would be more appropriate if I were looking for a car in the $80K+ range. I'm not looking to buy some supercar, just something that will be on the lower end of the luxury cars.

If I had a family, there's no way I'd be in the market. Right now I have no ties, aside from a girlfriend. I'm only "young" once and I know that I won't be looking for a sports car or convertible when my first child is on the way. For the record, none of the income that goes toward this will come from that unmentionable game. I play medium stakes, and have nowhere near the talent of most of the people here.