Thread: Road Rage.
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2004, 06:49 PM

Default Re: Road Rage.

[ QUOTE ]
If he can go around you to the left, he shouldn't flash lights. But he should never have to go to your right. I hope the depths of hell are reserved for those who drive along in the left lane and don't understand they need to get over. I hate having to either pass on the right or flash lights, etc.... It is my absolute human right on an interstate to set the cruise control and not have to tap my brake or steer too much. I have cigars to smoke, 100 channels of satellite radio, CDs and a cell phone to deal with. I shouldn't have to worry about an evil person in the left lane going 75.2 MPH. Get outta my way I say. And people who pass trucks slowly, just staying next to them for like a mile drive me nuts. I believe state cops should only write tickets for improper use of the passing lane and driving too slowly for conditions. A few beat downs and pepper sprayings of violators by the cops might be good too. If a coot with a 5th wheel hasn't learned that the left lane is the passing lane in his first 70 years of driving, how else can he be taught. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. In Germany (where, in my opinion, reside the best citizen drivers in the world - along with Austria) you are only to pass on the left, and only the left. Otherwise, you are to stay in the right-hand lane. Of course, if you are going 120+ m.p.h. you generally stay in the left lane, which is a de-facto "fast" lane. When you are overtaking another care in the "fast" lane, that car is the move for you.

In the U.S. this don't happen...many feel entitled to BE in the fast lane and still go the speed limit - that is bullshit. Many do it (I CAN JUST TELL, DAMMIT) just to prove a point and make the speedsters suffer. Nevertheless, despite posted speed limits, you are still supposed to keep to the right for faster traffic.