View Single Post
Old 03-10-2005, 09:02 PM

Default Re: Prima 25-50 NL Hand #2: Folding QQ on an all-unders flop?

PartyGirl:

Thanks. That thread was very helpful, and I think I like the line of check-call the flop, lead the turn. With the line I took, I never defined the strength of my hand, which may have been the best hand preflop, and what I was struggling with was how to accomplish this and put UTG+1 to the test a little bit wihtout committing all/most of my stack.

There's a problem I see with the stop and go here, however. After I call his flop bet, there's ~$3675 in the pot. I have ~$6700 left and villain has ~$4000.

How much to bet on the turn to not seem weak and like an invitation for villain to push w/ AK or some other hand I beat, and yet still allows me enough room to fold comfortably to villain's push without feeling pot committed?

I'm not sure there is such a number. And w/ Diablo's line, which i also like better than mine, I'm faced with a nearly identical turn situation in terms of pot and stack sizes. And unfortunately, I had no previous experience playing against villain, and thus no knowlege whatsoever of his betting tendencies . . .

Thanks.