View Single Post
Old 12-09-2005, 02:45 PM

Default Re: did i play this correct?

[ QUOTE ]
im a beginner looking for comments on how i played this hand. its a $1 tourney; full of fish.

i get QQ in 3rd position. 2nd position limps(blinds are 30/60) villian raises to 60 with AKo wtf?? folds to me, 2 seats before button. i reraise to 175. folds to villian who calls. flop is Ad Qh 7h with 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]s. villian bets 150 into 425 chip pot, i raise to 400, villian calls. turn is 7s. villian checks. i push all in, (590) villian calls. guess wath the river is?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure why you're asking WTF to villain raising to 60. (Other than the fact that the blinds seem to already be 30/60). You probably meant villain raised to 120 or that blinds are 15/30.

Either way, good reraise pre-flop. On the flop, it's not a bad raise either. I'd push in on the turn too. If he had AA or 77, then oh well. If he had AK, then he's just got 2 outs to beat you. If the river is an Ace, that's tough.

A little bit of advice, reread your post before you make it. There are some mistakes in how you recount the hand, and it's a little tough to follow. Were the blinds 30/60? Did villain really raise TO 60, or raise 60 more? Was the flop Ad Qh 7h, or did it have 2 diamonds?

And don't ask us to guess what the river is. Bad beat posts aren't kindly looked upon here (except in teh Bad Beat forums). You're posting in the beginner forum, so we'll cut you some slack for being new here.

Nice hand, tough break.