View Single Post
Old 12-06-2005, 07:31 PM

Default Re: Wireless Poker Playing: Does it Work Well?

[ QUOTE ]
Hi acme,

I currently have an ethernet LAN that I would continue to use to make any deposits, withdrawals or other account activities. Are there any security issues on a WIFI if I'm just logging on to a site and playing? If so, what would they be?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not Acme, but...

It is less of a concern that someone sniff or in other words capture and decode what you are sending across the WiFi like a account login as it is them being on your network and gaining access to the PC(s) that you use.

There is a group of programs out there that do nothing but log each and every keystroke you make and then send a email or upload that file to the hacker at regular periods. No need to get fancy or be in the area, just get close once, crack that ol'windows that hasn't been kept up to date and firewalled, and AV protection and they can go home and sit and wait for the information to start flowing in.

Now think of that person with your Party or Star log in. One night you login into party and try to sit your normal game and low a behold you have no money left. You investigate a little further and see that you made a cashout that morning for your whole bankroll to a different Neteller account. Opps...

Or you suddenly get a bill for the new car you just bought, opps you did not buy a new car. Opps another new bill for that now max'ed out credit card you just got. And the list just goes on and on...