View Single Post
Old 10-28-2005, 10:28 AM

Default Re: Stars $30+3 killer hand.

[ QUOTE ]
luffing off all of your chips is the worst way i can think of to bust out of a tourney

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry but I couldn't disagree more. There is no shame in being aggressive and pushing your chips in on a bluff and losing. I'd much rather bluff off my stack than get blinded away - the worst way I can think of to bust out of a tourney.

That being said, you shouldn't go bluff crazy. There are definetly times that it should be done and players it should be done agaisnt.

A player who has just lost 3 pots in a row is not the player to bluff against. He also has twice the chips you have. So he is on tilt and you don't represent a huge threat to his stack as you can't cripple him.

Don't be ashamed to bust out on a bluff. If you think the only way to get someone to laydown is to put all your chips in and you're 90%(or whatever % makes the move right) sure they will then put them in and don't worry about the times you go out.

However if you find that every tourney you get bounced out of is on a bluff, you have taken this too far. But if most of the time you have the best hand when the money went in and on occasion somebody caught you bluffing... there's always another tourney starting soon.