View Single Post
Old 10-16-2005, 11:26 PM

Default Re: 30-60 Stud 8 Hand

I only play 2/4 to 3/6, so 30/60 might play a lot different. Sometimes I bet 4th here and hope that the bringin was on a 3 flush or something or the other guy paired. Other times I just check 4th. If I do bet 4th, then I check 5th. Your opponents played everything so weird I don't know what to put them on. My best guess is a 3 flush or some random pair for the bringin given he doesn't want to put a penny in even though he has a much better looking board than anyone. The other guy probably has some awful low draw and is checking to the guy he assumes has a better draw). Given that you bet 5th, I would not put another penny in this pot without improving.

In conclusion, against somewhat decent opponents I either bet or check/call 4th. I do not bet 5th when a guy looks to have a made low (on 5th I'd give him credit for a low since I'd assume he would not call 3rd with an 8 low). I play 6th/7th the same. This hand confuses me. I dislike pairs of Qs and Ks in this game, and I hate them even more when they're buried because it actually seems easier to know where you're at when your opponent thinks he knows where you're at. Then again, I'm always looking for reasons to fold Ks and Qs.

On a side note, did you happen to be in any pots with gaaaaaaaaaaasssss? I've played with him before at the lower limits and found him to be quite terrible, but seeing he plays at 30/60 makes me wonder if he was just dicking around...or he just has a lot of money.

*edit*
Just looked at results and I have to say WOW, is the game really this good?