View Single Post
Old 12-09-2005, 10:52 AM

Default Re: Commerce 400 NL - Flop Question

[ QUOTE ]

Hrm...admittedly, I should probably wait until I have more experience before I start playing a hand like QJs UTG. But I imagine that a more experienced player at a relatively easy game like Commerce 400 NL would be able to play QJs UTG profitably, yes?

[/ QUOTE ]
dunno tbh, since the stack are fairly shallow i think i'd rely more on big cards and pairs rather than medium-ish drwaing hands. QJs is probably borderline.

[ QUOTE ]

As for everyone else's comments, yes, calling may be best. But I wonder how the presence of the UTG+1 (sandwiched between me and Villain) affects this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, since you're not calling off too much of your stack it doesn't affect you that much, the only hand you really don't want him having is A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]X[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], i wouldn't be too scared if he calls tho because almost any draw (including 2 pair draws) are coming along here.

If he raises you have the befinit of seeing if the preflop raiser was feigning weakness and can safely fold if he wants to play.