View Single Post
Old 12-05-2005, 12:26 AM

Default Re: 3/6 TT am i a fish?

I think this hand is well-played.

Folding the flop would be pretty bad. Do some hand-reading folks, in general all 6 outs to a set or straight are good. When they're not, it's because someone has JJ, but that' not all that likely.

With some redraws and discounting, and a slight boost for a weakish [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] flush draw, I think it's reasonable to suspect we have 20% equity or so in this pot. Folding for 1 BB on the flop in a pot that already has 8 would be quite bad. Even if it gets capped we're really not in that bad shape, investing 2 BB to hold our own in a pot that'll have over 10 BB in it by that point.

The only difficult decision in this hand in my opinion is whether or not to call the river.

Once UTG is out of there it becomes more likely that we're ahead. SB might be a big enough maniac to have AK or 99 or something. Maybe. We need like 7-8% equity to justify a call here. Put a read on and make a decision. Some sense of villain's post-flop play would be useful here. Calling might be good for peace-of-mind as well.