View Single Post
Old 09-24-2005, 05:53 PM

Default Re: A quote by Nate tha\' Great

I think you are right that sthief stresses the importance of this line and I have been using it quite a bit against opponents who love to raise the turn when I have marginal but showdownable hands because a raise WOULD make me feel very uncomfortable.

But then in this thread (an excellent one by the way which includes commentary by many of the current guard and James282 amongst others), Nate comments in the original post that:

[ QUOTE ]
For one thing, if you play anything like I do, you probably won't be check-calling or check-folding the turn too often in a heads up pot after leading the flop, since a typical opponent will make some very loose calls on the cheap betting rounds, and it will usually be profitable either to bet for value or continue on some sort of semi-bluff. If you check the turn in this spot only a couple of times per session, the fact that you don't have the "hammer" of a check-raise at your disposal may never really come up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Against aggressive opponents, I sure use it more than a couple of times a session. Probably closer to a couple dozen. What do you guys think?

Thanks,
Cartman