View Single Post
Old 06-01-2005, 04:25 AM

Default Re: Hiow often is \"nh\" sarcastic?

See, there's an art to this if you are really bored.

A month or two ago I'm a bit tired, but not tired enough to sleep, so I fire up one table on Party and play a bit.

The same situation occurs (but with an OESD) and after I win villain goes on tilt. (It was a huge 25BBish pot)

Villain: nh
Me: ty
V: i wuz being sarcastic you lucky #####
V: wtf? you suck
Me: ty for your money
V: you keep raising with nothing and calling down ill win that pot every time
Me: then why did I win this time?
V: cuz you got lucky.
Me: Oh, well you'll have to win your money back all those other times.
V: oh I will, calling with NOTHING, nice runner runner.
V: (long rant about how much I suck, is completely on tilt, etc.)

Now, I saw a chance to do something amazing. I explained in great detail how my play was absolutely correct, and how I had odds for everything I did. Sounds stupid, right? NO! Why? Because after I did that and got villains attention I throw this in.

Me: Shame you didn't 3 bet that flop (he had bottom pair which made two pair on the turn, and had terrible relative position to the field, so this wasn't at all an example of SSHE's raising with second best hand to improve odds) because I would have had to fold.
V: really?
Me: Yeah, I wouldn't have had odds to draw.
V: Hmm.. then I would've only lost 2 bets to __________ (who had a set) instead of 8 to you... I'll have to remember that.

That night, a maniac was born. And I know this because I buddy listed him and played with him quite a bit under different skin accounts, laughing at how much crazier his play was, desperate to protect his horrible hand against straight draws.

All the other fish had ceased paying attention too, so there was no danger of educating them. It was amazing.