View Single Post
Old 05-20-2005, 06:13 PM

Default Re: 2005 Microquests Thread -- Post Your Progress, Setbacks

[ QUOTE ]
I missed the first run through of this thread, so here goes.

Immediate Goals (3 months):
-Continue to improve at 1/2 full ring and build up 500BB at this limit. Done.
-Learn microlevel (.5/1, 1/2) limit 6 max. Maybe add a 6 max table to the regular rotation if I can manage it. Almost 20k hands at 1/2 6 max. Got the bankroll but not the stones to play 2/4 6 max full time yet. My blinds play still sucks. Only play 2/4 SH at Stars, UB, Pokerroom for bonuses ATM.
-Continue to improve NL tourney play and get it 1-2 tourneys a weekend. Slacking off, although I did buy (and read) HoH and TPFAP. Only play 1-2 SNG's a week, and rarely any MTT's these days.

Long term: (1 year)
- Have the bankroll and skill to beat Party 3/6 consistently. Change of plans. Plan to head over to the Party 5/10 6 max after a good stint at Stars 2/4 (20k+ hands) and 3/6 (not very long). Short-handed poker is just too much fun.
- Beat Party 1/2 6 max. I guess you could say I'm beating it..
- Consistently place in the money in the Stars 5+.5,10+1 NL tourneys. Not happening any time soon. But I still enjoy tourney play, still a nice change of pace to play 1-2 a week. I've heard beating the $30 level buyin tourneys isn't that much more difficult than tht $5, so something to think about when the bankroll grows.

- Make effort to respond to more strategy posts. I'm happy about this.

[/ QUOTE ]