View Single Post
Old 11-19-2005, 07:19 PM

Default Re: Vatican Astronomer Debunks ID

[ QUOTE ]
The only silence from any poster that I think is interesting here is David S.’s. After all his talk about geniuses/atheists and the assumption being that they are somewhat logical “outside of the classroom” is shown time and again here on the forum to be a fallacy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please explain how is this paragraph related to this thread, or specifically to my posts here.

[ QUOTE ]
Of course there is no indication that PM is a genius. I am simply saying that post like these, where the poster brings his bias to the discussion does not lead one to conclude that smart atheist have a clue, let alone a better clue than believers.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure I follow you here at all. What bias are you refering to? Also, FWIW, I'm not defining myself as an "atheist", nor as "religious" in a normal sense. Another point is that I have never agreed with any of DS' points with regard to being religious/non-religious and logic "outside of the classroom".

(I won't be able to reply in the next 15 hours or so, just to let you know... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] )