View Single Post
Old 12-28-2005, 10:39 PM

Default Re: What\'s the best way to win a seat at the WSOP?

Yes...UB is running their satellites already.

Pokerstars had 1100 players qualify for the main-event via their site (1 out of every 5 players there....and I was one of those 1100).

Also - it's incorrect to think of it as a 'free seat' to the WSOP.
you are playing in a tourney where the pay-out structure is different and in the form of $12k WSOP packages ($10k for the seat...and then some spending money and hotel-room).

Very popular method is to play the $165 double-shootouts on Stars.
This is a double-SNG. If you win your first-round table of 9 players then you advance to the final-table with 9 more players.
It's 81 players competing for 1 seat. This is how I won my seat.

The $33 rebuy MTT's on Stars are also popular.

Some people prefer trying the WSOP 'STEPS' that they set up.
If you are into SNG's you can check out the STEPS type format by going to the website and seeing how it works for their Cruise Steps and Aussie Steps. It's pretty much the same for the WSOP steps when they start those up again.

Lots of people in the MTT forum play in a lot of these satellites on Party, Stars, elsewhere.
There are about a zillion different sites and ways to win your seat...and really no one way is that much better than another for the most part so it's kind of a difficult quetion to answer.

I expect that many more sites (including Stars and Party) will get their WSOP satellites starting up somewhere around Jan or Feb.