View Single Post
Old 12-26-2005, 03:00 PM

Default Re: multiple forks in the road

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Plus, by over representing your hand, you usually force the UTG player to define his hand on the flop or the turn. If he does so by raising, you can almost always lay it down safely. If he caps, you can almost always find out whether you are ahead or behind on the flop.
-James

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this is necessary true, your 3betting a UTG raiser and a coldcaller from the SB, that's a very small range in a 9 handed game unless you frequently 3bet marginal hands in this spot.

It may even pacify UTG and UTG+1 into call mode even if they hit an overpair to your 9 such as T-K.

Also with 99 out of position against a UTG raiser and UTG+1 coldcaller that's unknown, I don't mind BB slipping in with what is most likely a HUGE range that 99 could be a favorite over since he is getting 7:1 and closing the action. Not to mention for the times I will hit a set and BB may find a hand he likes.

6 handed or less, maybe even 7 handed where an unknowns raising standards will often be a bit looser, I like the 3bet preflop for information regardless of the callers and their respective positions.

But for a 10 handed game I think it's too strong of a line to take preflop by 3betting 99 here against two what seems like decent unknown opponents that will most likely hold 2-4 overcards to your pair preflop and have position on you.

[/ QUOTE ]

There was no SB cold caller, we are the SB.
-James