View Single Post
Old 11-04-2005, 02:38 PM

Default Re: Playing for a living formulae

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure which thread.

but 500BB's plus 3-4 months of your estimated monthly-nut (always rounding up) should be sufficient.

So if you are a 5/10 player with an estimated monthly-nut of $2k then:
$5k + $8k = $13k for total bankroll should hopefully be enough where you don't get TOO uncomfortable when you hit those annoying downswings.

Obviously if you have a huge downswing then you'll have to consider dropping levels to rebuild your roll.

I prefer even a little more cushion then these numbers actually...but it's up to the individual of course.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is good. I would also add that if your fiance is making a steady income you could get away with a little less IF you had to, such as 10k, but the more you have the easier it is. This also depends on the financial situation you two have.

Also, whatever you do be conservative in planning. If you think you need 2k a month to survive remember to add for taxes, savings, and emergencies. I build taxes and savings into my monthly nut and then I add 500 dollars...

Also if you are a 1.5bb/100 player make your plan based around 1bb/100. Being conservative while planning takes a lot of stress off the bad months and makes the good months that much better.