View Single Post
Old 12-14-2005, 06:59 AM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand
Default Re: Simple flop question

[ QUOTE ]
Depends on:

1. what you would do if you had an Ace in this spot; and

2. what you think your opponent thinks you would do if you had an ace in this spot.

Someone in this thread already said it: Use recent hand history to guide your play. I don't think there is a right answer.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. There are a few different ways to play this.

Betting out can look like a draw. A c/r looks like you're trying to protect something. But if you'd play an A the same way by betting out...

UTG is the most likely to fold to your flop bet. He's LAG so if he had an A, he'd likely have raised it preflop. If he just calls or raises, you may have problems to be wary of.

If UTG folds the flop and button calls, it may take to the turn to fold the button as he may expect a draw to check the turn.

Another question is will the Button raise with an underpair to the ace on this flop or will he wait for the turn? Also, how does he react to you betting?

I'd bet out, if UTG calls and button raises then I'm just calling. Then decide what to do on the turn.

You could check call the flop, then bet the turn. Though if UTG is still in there, I'm not sure I'd try that.

b